The Old Manor House
Cadwell Park Circuit
Cadwell Park race circuit information
The land on which the circuit stands was originally purchased in 1926 by Mr. Mansfield Wilkinson, who bought the land for shooting upon. However, his son Charles persuaded his father to let him run a motorcycle meeting on the land in 1934, and this was the first circuit used at Cadwell. For 1952, the circuit was extended to one and a quarter miles with the addition of Mansfield Corner. Some of the motorcycle meetings also featured Formula 3 races. However, regular car meetings didn't take place until May 1962, after Charles Wilkinson purchased some adjoining land and extended the circuit length to 2.176 mile/ 3.49 km. A combination of long fast curves and some very tricky tight bends, hills with a nasty hairpin. The track can be split into two main sections, the section from Coppice through to Chris Curve (Club Circuit) is fairly simple but the section from Gooseneck through to Barn requires a lot of concentration, a lot of accidents occur at this section.
Cadwell Park is on the A153, 10 miles north of Horncastle and 5 miles south of Louth. Coming from the south, the A153 can be accessed from the A1, leave at the exit for Grantham. Coming from the north or west, use the A1, M1 or M62, then take the M180 to Brigg, then the A1084 to Caistor/Horncastle from where the venue is signposted.